A. Philosophy of Schulte Research:
- The firm focuses on banks, credit, liquidity & corporate solvency and finds ways to make money from this analysis.
- As banking services evolve, more focus is given to financial technology.
- Bank credit drives economics, not the other way around. Liquidity flows determine solvency, not the other way around.
- Balance sheets drive income statements which drive stock prices.
B. New Research Focus on Financial Technology:
- In 2014, Paul Schulte wrote “The Next Revolution in our Credit-Driven Economy: The Advent of Financial Technology”. He was credited for seeing the disruption to banks early.
- The pivot towards Fintech has caused him to write more than 1,000 pages on how China is a global leader which is transforming Asia’s financial scene.
- Advisor to Board/Directors to 5 Asia Pacific Banks.
- Advisor to Board/Directors to 3 Global Insurance Companies.
- Advisor to 6 regulators on Fintech
- Frequent keynote speaker on 4 continents
D. Mr Schulte’s view is coloured by his work experience over 30 years:
- POLICY: White House NSC, Indonesian MOF and Central Bank;
- BUY side: Helping ex-Tiger Peter Early at $350 MN Big Sky in LA;
- SELL side: CSFB, Barings, Lehman, Nomura, CCB FROM 1992 TO 2012;
- ACADEMIA: MBA professor at Hilton, Kellogg, Stern, Columbia, UST since 1999; and
- AUTHOR: 4 Books on Fintech/Insurtech, AI, algorithms.
Impactful and stock specific research pieces are out every 10 days.